Organic Oyster Mushroom Log Kit – Savor the sweet, mild flavor and delicate texture of homegrown oyster mushrooms. Grow them indoors or outdoors with little effort and no mess using our hand-cut hardwood logs, which are inoculated with spores that produce a crop of oyster mushrooms every two to three years. Consider providing growers with fresh fruits and vegetables from our own farm as well.
Growing your own mushrooms requires experimenting and trial-and-error. The processes of drying, slicing, cutting and frying are all useful skills that can be employed as you improve your growing techniques. Growers also love to tinker! This means perfecting the best ways to dry & slice mushrooms while still retaining the unique mushroom flavor.”
- Logs are hand-cut and inoculated with oyster mushroom spores in visible drill holes that are covered in cheese wax.
- Logs can be stood upright or laid horizontally for growing.
- Metal plaque on underside of log states date of inoculation.
- Fruiting occurs approximately sixteen weeks from inoculation.
- You can start the growing process and enjoy your first crop within a few weeks of delivery.
- Just soak the log for 24 hours in cold water, mist it occasionally, and watch your crop emerge.
- 12″ long, approx. 3″–6″ diam.
- 4–7 lb.
Click here for mushroom growing instructions and tips.