By Bret Wolfe
Monthly Column Exclusively at JasonCurious.com
Column #14: “Be Lively - The Story of the Threes”
“Bret, your last column was so serious and political. You should remember to lighten it up from time to time. Aside from the stern nature of your lessons…what else contributes to you as a person?”
You are so right. I often write long detailed essays on politics, personal issues and romantic entanglements but never give you just simplistic insight into who I am. A friend inspired me to write you all the list of the threes! So here goes.
Three Names You Go By:
1. Bret Wolfe
2. Power Bottom
Three Things You Like About Yourself:
1. I like my eyes. They’re expressive and have great shape. My eyelashes kick ass.
2. I have a good sense of humor, a bit bitchy and sarcastic at times but all me.
3. I am compassionate. I find that to be the thing I am most proud of. I understand real pain and others pain. I strive to always understand the humanity in life.
Three Things You Hate/Dislike About Yourself:
1. My Temper and the lack of control I have over it. I tend to be very explosive and very immediate in my wrath. I am not one to think things through before I say them. It is the one thing I could work on the most.
2. The fact that I say the word “hate” too much. One should never hate… just dislike with passion. Hate is to strong of a word in these hard times.
3. I am much too hard on myself and I take things way to personally. I have always strived to gain credence and recognition from others and only know as I approach thirty do I realize how unimportant it is. Yet those feelings never seem to disappear.
Three Parts of Your Heritage:
3. American Indian
Three Things That Scare You:
1. Failing in life. I don’t want to be at the end of my days realizing that I have contributed nothing to make the world a better place. I really want my life to mean something. I think that’s why I throw myself into my charity work. I hope it all means something and that I had a place in it all.
2. Loneliness. The thought of being alone… well, I can’t even begin to put it into words. It is probably greatest fear. I just never want to be alone.
3. My sister dying. She is my best friend and confidant. A life without her would be one of incredible turmoil. My relationship with her is very important and special to me. I love her and care for her so very much.
Three Places You Want to Go on Vacation:
1. South Africa
Three of Your Everyday Essentials:
1. Talking to my Sister
2. Kissing my cats (I have three)
3. Checking my e-mail
Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
2. Jeans (no underwear)
3. Cotton socks
Three of Your Favorite Bands/Artists (at the moment):
1. Britney Spears (Fuck you, I don’t want to hear it)
2. Kelly Clarkson
3. Whitney Houston (Cracked or Not…Gotta love that voice)
Three of Your Favorite Songs at Present:
1. Breakaway – Kelly Clarkson
2. Rumors – Lindsey Lohan
3. Toy Soldiers – Eminem (he fucking sampled Martika – How hot is that)
Three New Things You Want to Try in the Next 12 Months:
1. Record a demo album
2. Direct a film
3. Be on Fear Factor
Three Things You Want in a Relationship (love is a given):
Three Physical Things That Appeal to You:
Three Things You Just Can’t Do:
- Paint or Sketch…cannot do anything artistic in that sense. My father and mother are both respective artists. My father a painter and my mother a photographer. It was never passed down to me.
- Find a Husband: This one is a bit tongue in cheek. I would love a husband but fate has certainly not been kind to me when it comes to presenting me with possible suitors. It does not seem to be my thing!
- Conceal my emotions. I am an open book. You can tell when I am hurting, when I am overjoyed or when my weak has been hell. People always know.
Three people you have yet to work with and want too:
- Owen Hawk
- Dick Wolfe
- Gus Mattox
Three of Your Favorite Hobbies:
- Singing. I could do this forever. I sing at home, in the shower, in the mirror, on the street. I sing on stage and am even a member of the Chicago Gay Men’s Chorus. I just love fucking singing. It really makes me happy. It’s my real passion
- Movies. I am a blockbuster online whore. I have over 50 movies in my queue and the second they arrive I try to watch so that I can get it in the Mailbox the next day so that they ship out the next one. I rarely see movies in theatres these days. People are to fucking rude. Why bother. So I rent movie after movie. I love film and cinema, so much fun.
- Pop Culture. I am just simply obsessed with the Hillary’s, Britney’s, Ashley’s and Paris’s of the world. Meaningless but fun.
Three Kids Names - what I would like to name my kids?
Three Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
- Find true love
- Appear in a feature film (mainstream)
- Start on Broadway
Three Favorite People you love in the Adult Industry (model) as a friend:
- Michael Soldier
- Rob Romani
- Gus Mattox (we think exactly alike – It is scary)
Three Favorite Movies:
- Moulin Rouge
- Notting Hill
Three Greatest Accomplishments:
- Winning Newcomer of the Year 2003 – GayVN and Grabby’s
- Getting a well rounded and structured education
- Continually doing my part to help out. Every moment of charity that you can do despite your own personal situations…well, they must truly benefit the world.
So I hoped you enjoyed this a bit. Over the course of three years I have been asked so many different questions, from serious and meaningful to funny and witty. The thing that I like the most is that the questions have truly been all over the map. People just want to understand so many different aspects of who and what makes you whole. I also wanted to show you all the humanity of what a porn star is. We are very real people who have the same quirks, like and dislikes as everyone else. We are you! Keep doing what you love!
To find more of Bret Wolfe in print and video on this site, check out his Black Book entry.
Visit Bret Wolfe’s official web site at www.bretwolfe.com.
Email Bret and let him know your thoughts on his column at [email protected].